One thing I am thankful for in KL is the left hand driving, a remnant from British Colonisation. Having cars on the left gave me some confidence to drive whilst over here, Lena's dad kindly putting me on the insurance for my trip. Sitting in the driving seat was slightly daunting, having only done it a couple of times prior but I was starting to get the hang of it, it basically boiled down to being a selfish ass and neglecting your turn signal :).
As we arrived at 1 Utama I started to see what everyone was going on about, it was HUGE! Positioning ourselves within the multi-storey car park, we exited the 4th floor parking straight into the mall. Looking down we could see the vastness of it all, combined with the fact that large stretches of the OLD section were under renovation just made it seem all the larger. As we were heading for lunch and not in much of a mood to shop we barely scratched the surface of what was on offer. Thankfully we would be coming back tomorrow for another lunch date and hopefully more exploring.
Lunch was nice, we decided on an italian place called Delicious which certainly proved to be true. Having tried so many nice asian dishes I found myself weakening when presented with the opportunity to have a burger. After choosing something comfortable for lunch I decided to be slightly more adventurous with the drinks and settled for a mango/peach smoother, completely forgetting that it would have milk. Even with the fiasco with the drink the lunch was delicious (Ha!), we then made a small detour on our way back to the car to explore the food level, awesome.
When we got onto the lower level I spotted something that had me brimming with nostalgia; Cinnabon! In my home shopping centre of Milton Keynes there was briefly a Cinnabon which I had adored but sadly the rest of the public disagreed and it went the way of the dinosaur with a year, to be replaced by a soup store, which still remains. With that shop, I had fallen in love but had come to terms with the fact I wasn't going to have one any time soon. Imagine my surprise at seeing one, just sitting there in 1 Utama, this place was truly paradise :).
I helped myself to one and Lena had a collection of chocolate covered pretzel fingers which were really nice. Sadly though, like a lot of things drenched in nostalgia, I found the Cinnabon to be great but not otherworldly; the price you pay for putting things onto a pedestal. I was still happy I got to experience one again but it wasn't quite the experience I had hoped it would be.
Maybe I'll have another tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment