Friday, 8 July 2011

Massage and more... food

Well the first full day had arrived, and in an attempt to beat jet lag we planned on an early start; planned, in reality, turned out to far far far too optimistic.

From a late start we could only muster brunch at a local shop in Section 17 just round the corner from Lena's primary school. As I type this I am urged to inform people that this shop makes the best Char Siew in the world, this being the Malaysian name for BBQ pork belly. After having several chunks I was hastened to agree, although with my limited palette and empty stomach I had a feeling I would say the same of instant noodles.

Following on from the delectable brunch and my growing nonchalance towards the low sanity levels in the outer fringes of KL we retreated back to our home. Upon getting there Jet-lay struck me down! No sooner had I met Lena's oldest friends I was then face down snoring away on the bed.

Several hours later I awoke to find the afternoon had passed me by and we were heading out to pick up another friend and head off for dinner. I can't quite remember if this was my first glimpse of Lena's driving ability, but having her downplay her own ability for over a year I was relieved to find she was good, all the more shame I chose to wear a crash helmet (just in case :) ). Upon retrieving Belle we made our way to hers for a quick wardrobe change where I was drawn into afternoon tea! Jack-fruit, Indian mangos and some preserved mangos were consumed. I found my namesake fruit to be rather kick-ass, so much so I finished the lot, Delicious!

Off to dinner where we had... not quite sure, Lena will have to fill you in. My lack of remembrance may be due to the after dinner activity, MASSAGE! Having never had one before I was warned it may be slightly more painful than relaxing but thankfully the small Malaysian (edit: She was from China, Jack.. -_____-) girl proved no match for my bulky frame. Although the following morning it appeared as though I had been bested as I ached from head to toe, teach me to doubt their massaging power...

No comments:

Post a Comment