Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Getting there

Before any of the mouth-watering dishes of the far-east can be experienced we have to get there first.

Deciding that flying like cattle is only really an option for short jumps, etsy and I decided on a better option (Qatar, thanks for asking!), with a stop over in the hellishly hot Doha. Whilst this may seem like a seemingly pointless endeavour it does give me the chance to try 2 in-flight meals!

Leaving Heathrow (oh yeah, this story starts in the UK) with some home comforts such as, cheddar cheese, McCoy's, and instant coffee, we headed off to Doha.

I decided that sleeping through the flight was for chumps, I'm paying for this flight so I'm going to experience it! This proved to be a mistake at about the point we landed in Doha. Being led around Doha airport in a semiconscious state, whilst trying to find a time-constrained connection will be something etsy will enjoy levelling against me in the future (she correctly chose to sleep).

Stepping off the plane in Doha was my first taste of the temp/humidity combo that will be assaulting my body over the coming weeks and months, I think I can handle it but time makes fools of us all.

The second leg was far less eventful, as I caught up on the sleep I missed out on in the first leg, but I did successfully wake up for the food!



Foods experienced: In-flight chicken meal with vegetables and mash. Sleep deprived and starving I devoured it with glee! In flight egg/basil/? wrap. It was palatable but I cannot remember for the life of me what the third item was. In-flight sausage meal with pretty much the same set-up as the first flight, you would think these things were mass produced...

No comments:

Post a Comment